The Diamond League is the most important and highest categorized athletics series in the world.
It followed the IAAF Golden League, which was held from 1998 to 2009. The Diamond League was held for the first time in 2010.
Just over 10 events are held each year. The competitions do not include all disciplines of athletics, but only a selection. In each event, the top athletes receive points. The top 8 are rewarded with points (1st place: 8 points; 2nd place: 7 points, etc.).
Discipline winners are the athletes who have accumulated the most points at the end of the season.
- 100 meters
- 110 meters hurdles (men) or 100 meters hurdles (women)
- 200 meters
- 400 meters
- 400 meter hurdles
- 800 meters
- 1,500 meters
- 3,000 meters steeplechase
- 5.000 meters
- Discus Throw
- Triple jump
- High jump
- Shot put
- Javelin throw
- Pole vault
- Long jump
Schedule / Program: Diamond League 2022
- Doha (Qatar) - May 13, 2022
- Birmingham (England) - May 21, 2022
- Eugene (USA) - May 28, 2022
- Rabat (Morocco) - June 5, 2022
- Rome (Italy) - June 9, 2022
- Oslo (Norway) - June 16, 2022
- Paris (France) - June 18, 2022
- Stockholm (Sweden) - June 30, 2022
- Chorzow (Poland) - August 6, 2022
- Monaco - August 10, 2022
- Lausanne (Switzerland) - August 26, 2022
- Brussels (Belgium) - September 2, 2022
- Zurich (Switzerland) - September 7 and 8, 2022
Note: Only the final will actually feature all the disciplines listed here.